Those who people who struggle with depression or anxiety often have an internal audio track of self-hating thoughts. These can sound like:
– I am worthless.
– I deserve the pain from my mistakes.
– I am weak and need to get over this.
What can you do if you are struggling with depression and self-hating thoughts, it is important to see a therapist who can assist you. Additionally, you can replace The following things are commonly used to interrupt negative self-talk and thoughts of despair and worthlessness:
– Treat yourself the way you treat your friends. You deserve better than hating yourself.
– Do something different – stand up, take a walk, sing – to interrupt the negative self-talk.
– Take a few moments and breathe deeply, breathing in your surroundings.
Please remember that speaking to a therapist can be profound step in your healing to overcome depression and feelings of self-hatred.